Sunday, June 20, 2010

Universal Language

The love of Christ is universally understood. Today we visited one of the neighborhoods near Church of the Great Commission. Being a group of gingos (americans) we turned a lot of heads. People were eager to hear anything we had to say, so we told thelm why we were there (the love of Christ) and intived them to a fiesta at the church. We were able to pray with a woman who´s family was shovelling silt out of her house. When we drove in last night, we were met with torrential rain. The homes near the church that had just been flooded earlier this year were flooded again. Love is translating very well here.

At the fiesta, I was able to hit a ballon around with a small child here. Balloons and gringos were everywhere. Apearantly, that´s all you need around here for a serious party. This place was rockin.

Today is my first Fathers Day, and I´m away from my son. I had a little bit of a hard time today, but was able to wake up to a card with my son´s voice recorded on it. On this Father´s Day away from my family, I am comforted by the fact that the people of El Salvador and I share the same heavenly Father. Language remains a barrier, but some things are understood very well. Praise God for greatness that goes beyond our human borders.

Pray for me. I´m giving my first sermon through a translator in about an hour and 45 minutes. I can´t tell jokes or talk fast becasue of the translation, which means all the things that if this sermon is going to be good, it will have to be totally becasue of the Holy Spirit. Pray He shows up as I preach about preparing for Him to show up in Acts 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment