Friday, June 25, 2010

Home


Today we visited some Mayan ruins and spent some time with our El Salvadorian hosts. It was a good day of reflections and "thank you." It has been a nice way to relax and praise God for the work he did this week. A lot of great things happened:


  • A house was built for a family.

  • The gospel was preached.

  • Friends were made with brothers and sisters in Christ.

  • A young man was able to recieve needed surgery.

  • Another boy was given much needed new crutches.

  • Scores of people were able to recieve medical assistance.

  • I miraculously avoided migraines, despite the heat.

  • Many grew in Christlikeness.

  • God was glorified.

We are getting ready for a party to celebrate the week with the people from Iglesia Gran Comision (the church). Right now, I´m just ready to get on the plane and fly back into the arms of my wife. Call me what you want, but I don´t do well away from my wife. This week, the hardest thing for me hasn´t been whether or not God would provide, but how I would make it without my wife and son. The truth is, it was very difficult for me. I missed my family all week. However, God sustained me in unique ways. My brothers and sisters in Christ lifted me up on more than one occasion, little notes my wife had left in my suitcase for me lifted my spirits. Even an old voice mail from Christy on my phone helped me feel close to her.


In this strange place, far from the person who makes me feel safe and at home I was forced to cling to my Savior. He reminded me that He is the one who sustains me, that He is the one who keeps me safe and at home, that He is God no matter where I am. Tomorrow I´m going home, and I can´t wait. However, I´m going home different. I´m going home more dependant on my King. I put myself in a position where I had to rely more deeply on the Spirit, and He came through. I can´t wait to see what He will do when I depend on Him more at home.


When was the last time you put yourself in a position where you couldn´t make it without the Holy Spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment