Monday, May 2, 2011

Shouting Louder

Where: My living room with my baby girl (who got up early)
Listening to: Daylight is Here by David Swidrak
Drinking: Really weak coffee.  (We ran out!)  

Read: Luke 18:35-43
35 As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. 36 When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. 37 They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”
 38 He called out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
 39 Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
 40 Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, 41 “What do you want me to do for you?”
   “Lord, I want to see,” he replied.
 42 Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has healed you.” 43 Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.



Pray:
God, help me to honor You with my heart before I honor you with my actions.  Then, let my actions bring you glory and draw me closer to you.


Think:
(Ask, Analyze and Apply)

Write:

I noticed something about this passage I have not noticed before: "he shouted all the more."  This blind man didn't just call for help from Christ, he went against what Christ's followers saw as proper decorum.  He asked for help and was called down, possibly because he was a beggar or maybe because he was interrupting something.  But, he didn't let anyone stop him.  He didn't mind being embarrassed or even being improper.  He wanted to be healed.  



I think I have a problem in that I let my fear of embarrassment stop me.  I don't always share my thoughts, because I'm afraid I will look foolish.  Sometimes I don't even share concerns, because I don't want to have conflict.  While attention to decency and order is very biblical, so is communication.  I need to keep this in mind.  


Do: 
I have a lot of errands to run today.  In the process,  I'm going to go one step further to share what is on my heart with God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment