Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Psalm 24

Where: My living room
Listening to: Mumford and Sons Sigh No More
Drinking: Twinings Earl Grey


Read:

 1 The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it,
   the world, and all who live in it;
2 for he founded it on the seas
   and established it on the waters.

 3 Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD?
   Who may stand in his holy place?
4 The one who has clean hands and a pure heart,
   who does not trust in an idol
   or swear by a false god.

 5 They will receive blessing from the LORD
   and vindication from God their Savior.
6 Such is the generation of those who seek him,
   who seek your face, God of Jacob.

 7 Lift up your heads, you gates;
   be lifted up, you ancient doors,
   that the King of glory may come in.
8 Who is this King of glory?
   The LORD strong and mighty,
   the LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, you gates;
   lift them up, you ancient doors,
   that the King of glory may come in.
10 Who is he, this King of glory?
   The LORD Almighty—
   he is the King of glory.

--Psalm 24



Pray:
God, you know the things that trouble me, the conflicts, the tasks, the opportunities.  I wish I was powerful to make all things new, but I am weak and broken and foolish.  I cannot make things right.  I can only obey.  The earth and everything in it belongs to You, that includes my troubles and fears.  You own my fears.  You have beaten them.  They fear you.  If I am to come close to you, I must forsake the idols of my own abilities and comforts.  You are the only One in whom I can trust.  Today, I'm going to seek You and let You accomplish Your will.  Anything that you don't do today is simply something you don't need done.  I just want to obey today.  So, I am going to lift up my head today, not in my own confidence, but having confidence in You.  Miracle my life today.  Miracle my work.  Miracle this community and all You want to touch today.  


Think:
(Ask, Analyze, Apply)


Write:
I seem to have a common them in my devotions of late: I want to trust in myself.  I work so hard to be productive, creative and interesting...I fail on my own.  The truth is, trusting in my abilities apart from daily reliance on God is idolatry.  Today, I'm seeking Him.  I am lifting my head in great expectation of His miraculous work.  


Do: 
I'm going to go to some meetings, share what God gives me, and hopefully write some plans for Serve Elyria 2011!  

No comments:

Post a Comment