Thursday, January 6, 2011

Psalm 5:1-3

Where: My office


Listening to: Pink Floyd


Drinking: Starbucks Sumatra


Pray: God, I am worn thin today.  So many things are causing my heart to ache, and I'm doing my best to bring truth and reconciliation where I can.  Right now, we are in the painful stretch between broken and healed.  Reign your redemption and heal hearts.  Minister to mine today.  


Read:

1 Listen to my words, LORD,
   consider my lament.
2 Hear my cry for help,
   my King and my God,
   for to you I pray.

 3 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
   in the morning I lay my requests before you
   and wait expectantly. --Psalm 5:1-3



Think: 
(Ask, Analyze, Apply)


Write:
It is morning, and I am lamenting.  I feel solidarity with the psalmist today.  There is so much broken, so much scarred.  Friends and family are hurting in body and in heart.  One of my best friends is watching family members' health decay.  Times like this can make me forget the lengths of Your justice and the depths of your redemption.  You have paid debts I never knew I owed.  You have healed wounds when cuts were deep and hope was dim.  You have made all things new.  We are just catching up to your redemption.  Today, pour out your healing and your hope.  Make the worst scars into fresh skin.  Beat hearts in sync again.  Draw us all closer to you.  Save the lost and sanctify the saved.  Make all things new today. I'm laying it all on your altar today.  


Do: 
Today I'm going to practice redemption in ministry as I wait expectantly for God to bring redemption in the things beyond my reach.  It is going to be a good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment